Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Doing Stuff: An Introduction

We keep having problems with Comcast. I was getting really frustrated with the shitty service when I had an epiphany: I am getting pissed off about not being able to watch television. Getting pissed off about not being able to watch television is absolutely retarded. Especially considering that the only shows I enjoy are The Wire and The Office.

This flash gave me a brainstorm. From now until Dec. 22 (the date I leave on my honeymoon), I will be doing as many "fun" things as I possibly can. Every night after work, and every weekend day, I will do something that I've never done in the city of Philadelphia and its proximity.

Here are some qualifiers:
A) Doing something like going to the movies is out. Unless it's a special film seminar on an arcane topic.
B) Going to a bar is out, unless there's a strange event at the bar.
C) I might have to miss a day because of unforseen circumstances involving household responsibilities. Or if there's really bad weather.
D) Everything I attend must happen within a one-hour ish drive from my apartment. This means I can and will consider events in South Jersey, parts of The Lehigh Valley and even Delaware. Not that there's anything interesting in Delaware.

If you're reading this and have any suggestions, let me know of your idea. The more ridiculous, the better. The more boring, the better. It really doesn't matter what it is, as long as it doesn't involve me sitting on a couch wasting away watching crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

see web stats