Monday, September 10, 2007

These Pretzels Are Making Me Thirsty

My old boss, Dr. W., was a perfectly fine person to work for. However, this did not change the fact that she is a woman in her 50's and I only know about Chico's and Talbot's in passing.

This generational gap was no more evident than one afternoon a few months ago. My boss and I had to walk from our building to another on campus to drop off some boxes. I am usually fine walking in complete silence with someone I have nothing in common with. Dr. W, however, is the opposite. She feels the need to fill in empty space with empty conversation. And that lead to the following exchange:

DR. W: "So, Gregg, do you ever watch Seinfeld?"
GREGG: "Yes. I've seen Seinfeld."
(We walk for about 45 seconds.)
Dr. W: "These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

We then continued to walk in silence for the next five minutes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Geth said...

hahaha

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

see web stats