Monday, April 23, 2007

I Hate New York

A lot of people are befuddled as to the choice of where I live. Philadelphia is the nation's new murder capital, our civil services and local government is rotted out to the core, urban blight is plentiful, our sports teams are usually awful and people are pathologically obsessed with them and people speak in the worst accent ever heard on this planet.

But the reason I live here is because it sure beats New York.

I went up to NYC for my friend's bachelor party this weekend. It was fun and my friend had a great time. We went to The Glass Slipper (I think?) which is some burlesque house in the Lower East Side.

I ordered two shots of Jamison's. Cost? $20. Also, I had to sit behind four separate people getting at least nine lemon drops each. Most of the people getting these orders were dudes. One of the dudes getting a lemon drop asked to purchase a bottle of Absolute Citron from the bartender.

Seriously, I don't think a person has ever ordered a lemon drop at any bar ever in Philadelphia.

1 Comments:

Blogger TR said...

As a former server in this city...21st birthday shot for Temple girls.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

see web stats