Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My Mom Enjoys Bathroom Grafitti

As I stated a few days ago, my parents are a post-modern Ward and June Cleaver. My mom is very tiny, under five feet tall, and was mostly a housewife when I was growing up. She's also unfaillingly polite and never curses. If there was one rule that me and Chris knew absolutely never to break, it was the rule banning foul language in the house.

Comically, Chris enjoys sidestepping this rule. He always says things like "What the f" and "F this s" in the house, using the letters in place of the actual curse word, which drives my mom up a wall in frustration.

I've often wondered exactly how it is that I've grown up to be the way I am, since my family is like a Norman Rockwell painting come to life. But every now and then, my mom says or does something that confirms that I am indeed the product of my parents seed and loin.

We used to vacation nearly every summer at Lake George, a timeless vacation destination in New York's Adirondacks. Our family was eating dinner one evening when my mom went to use the facilities. On her way back, she was cackling ilke a mad woman.

"I just saw the funniest bathroom grafitti," my mom said. "There was an eye drawn over the keyhole and underneath it someone wrote 'I saw you take that shit. Now put it back where it came from.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

see web stats